Subject: Re: demo-reel ..
From: Jim Phillips <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 18:38:08 -0700

At 05:41 PM 4/12/96 -0400, you wrote:
>  This question isn't necessairly Lightwave specific, but due to the amount 
>of conversation gogin on about demo-reels lately, hopefully someone can 
>help me out with this.  I know extremely little about dropping animations 
>to video, everything I have done with Lightwave has been saved as an .avi 
>and played off the computer.  Anyway, what could anyone recommend as the 
>most in-expensive hardware out there now for dropping animations to 
>video-tape, that will still have high enough quality for use in making a 
>demo-reel ect..I'm not looking at using it for any "commercial work" but 
>simply to put together and edit a demo reel for myself.  Any help is  
>greatly appreciated.
>
> Todd LeMoine
>
>
>
>
Hi Todd.   

It sounds as if there's a funding problem (which I can certainly understand)
for you right now with regard to your graphics system.   If I were you and I
wanted to put together a quality demo, I would consider having someone with
good gear render it for me.   Most demos have too much filler stuff anyway,
so pick your best 3 minutes worth of stuff, and hook up with somebody that
has a PAR/PVR and Betacam SP.   Learn how to send them your scenes/objects,
and pay them to give you the results on tape.   You will then have a good
master to edit or dub from, and will still have lunch money.   This might
get you far enough to show your stuff, get some work, and buy your own
dad-gum  PVR!...
Jim Phillips
[email-masked]
LW/DEC ALPHA 21164-300/PVR
Experience is a hard teacher. . .
It gives the test first, and the lesson later. . .